Monday, February 13, 2012

A long walk and a strawberry daiquiri

Two words that I cannot spell:
~ Daiquiri
~hors d'oeuvres

But both are things that I quite enjoy.  Could you imagine if you lived in a world where you could not have something unless you could spell it?  We'd all be geniuses...either that or we'd be craving strawberry daiquiris and hors d'oeuvres all the time.  I'd probably try to get around it by asking for "small sandwiches with tooth picks with diced vegetables and dip"  All words I can spell without a problem with a head held high!
Do you know what else I can spell?  CLOSER PARKING SPOT!!!  This is a picture I took while I was leaving work:
See that white car all by its lonesome??  That's me.  Mind you I had already walked through ONE OTHER PARKING LOT TO GET TO THIS POINT.  My car was so far I could have used an hors d'oeuvres station at the halfway point.  Either that or a cool water station like in road races.  I'm that guy pouring water over my head and eating a sandwich as I run a marathon to my car.
And that other car to the right?  It looks somewhat blue??  It looks like he got screwed with the parking too, right?!  WRONG.  He's in the next parking lot which belongs to that shanty building that I'm so close to.  Apparently I had prime parking tonight for the building three parking lots away from my work.

And the strawberry daiquiri?  That just helped ease the pain of long distance parking and nearly 7 days of work without a day off yet.

Not all is lost in the world today, though.  I made my second successful juice drink from my brand new juicer!!  4 carrots, 1 apple, 1 orange.  BEST DRINK EVER.  More to come on that...but first I must S-L-E-E-P.

No comments:

Post a Comment